Sunday, January 16, 2022

Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Cross Stitch

Project Dates: 2021-2022



 

Dave and I had the opportunity to go to Florida.   Wherever we travelled we always looked for Frank Lloyd Wright homes to tour.  We are avid fans.  We especially love the idea of bringing nature indoors.  I love his long cantilevered unique designs.  Still today, his designs evoke awe and inspiration.  We visited Florida Southern Collage which is the only university project designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  We also visited one of the college homes which were used to house faculty families in the thirties.  This location had a shop and I found frank Lloyd wright stained window inspired cross stitch patterns.  I had to have one. That was a few years ago.  I recently dug it out of my craft stash and just finished it.  An ode to Frank Lloyd Wright!






No comments:

Post a Comment