Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Heart Felt

 Project:  November 2020 – January 2021

Finished Collaboration


Still catching up on my project postings.  A few years ago, in 2017, I asked Dave, my husband, to collaborate on an art piece with me to show in the 2018 Delaware State Employee National Art show.  We have entered almost every year since then.  This image above is the entry for the 2021 show in February.  It is based on a painting series (below) that Dave did around hearts. 

Original Inspiration Painting



In our collaborative pieces, they have thus far married acrylic painting with fiber arts.  I ran into a knitting technique somewhere called roman braids.  Each of the hearts is made using this technique from my stash of wool yarn.  The braids are then embellished with a silver acrylic thread crocheted along one side.  

Work in progress

Dave used acrylic paints to form the background.  We dipped the braids in glue and placed them onto the prepared canvas.  After drying, the canvas was glazed, glittered, and glazed again!  It was a fun collaborative project that allowed Dave and I to each contribute with our particular artistic talents, just like a marriage!



No comments:

Post a Comment